Marvel fans who wished that they could display their love a little more prominently have something to look forward to, with the announcement that Marvel Entertainment is partnering with Essential Sequential to create a line of high-quality art prints featuring iconic images of the company’s characters under the banner Marvel Signature.
The intent of the line is to offer collectors and fans the opportunity to buy prints, lithographs, and posters of existing Marvel images across a series of sizes and prices. According to the official announcement, the program is only open to artists who have been published by Marvel.
The initial Marvel Signature line will feature:
- Arthur Adams’ Classic X-Men #1 cover (recolored)
- Arthur Adams’ X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 variant cover
- Jen Bartel’s She-Hulk #1 cover
- Terry Dodson’s Avenging Spider-Man #9 cover
- Terry Dodson’s Amazing Spider-Man #800 cover
- Terry Dodson’s Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do #5 cover
- Klaus Janson’s Amazing Spider-Man #252 cover as foil print
- Adam Kubert’s Wolverine #300 cover
- Ed McGuinness’ Red/Green Hulk promotional artwork
- Frank Miller’s Daredevil #181 cover signed by Miller
- Frank Miller’s Daredevil #186 cover signed by Miller
- Frank Miller’s Daredevil Omnibus cover signed by Miller and Klaus Janson
- Humberto Ramos’ Amazing Spider-Man #6 variant cover
- Brian Stelfreeze’s Black Panther #1 cover
- Brian Stelfreeze’s Black Panther Rising #1 cover
- Brian Stelfreeze’s Black Panther Rising #2 cover
- Brian Stelfreeze’s Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1 cover
More information about the Marvel Signature line can be found here. Essential Sequential will be promoting the new line at multiple conventions throughout 2023, including next week’s Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Washington.
The Marvel Signature launch follows 2000 AD launching its own line of prints based on cover artwork earlier this year, with the cover for each of the weekly 2000 AD progs and additional monthly Judge Dredd Megazine covers being available as high quality prints. Is 2023 the year of transforming covers into wall coverings? All that’s required for it to become an official trend is one more company getting in on the act…
Marvel’s promotion of artists doesn’t end with offering art prints; there’s also its Stormbreakers program, promoting a group of artists for a 12-month period across its entire line.