New York Comic Con is the largest comic convention in North America, both in the number of fans it brings to one place for one weekend as well as the number of professionals it brings to its convention center. And this year, ReedPop and Popverse are collaborating on a special Pro Track of panels, signings, mixers, and other events exclusively for those working in the comics and pop culture industry.
While NYCC 2023 is still three months away, we have for you a first look at what you can expect for the first day of NYCC 2023's Pro Track on Thursday, October 12, 2023. Look for more Pro Track events to be announced as the four-day event nears.
NYCC 2023 Pro Track schedule for Thursday, October 12, 2023
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Lunar Distribution breakfast: Join fellow publishers, retailers, manufacturers, brands, distributors, and creators at NYCC for a special invite-only series of programming and events focused on connecting you with the tools and connections you need for 2023. Attendance is open to comic book retailers only. Must register with Lunar Distribution.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Retailer-only signing with Tom King and Peach Momoko: For retailers only, with a maximum limit of two items per creator. A CGC representative will be available to witness these signings.
- 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM, ComicsPro: Join ComicsPRO President of the Board, Jenn Haines, along with other board members, as they discuss the current state of the industry, what we see as priorities for change, and the initiatives we’re undertaking to make that change happen. This will be followed by retailer-to-retailer round tables focused on sharing solutions for the day-to-day challenges of running comic shops.
- 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM, Comics Industry Social Hour hosted by Comics Pro and ICv2
- 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM, ICv2: ICv2 will host a special edition of its annual event for the 50th anniversary of the comics Direct Market. Milton Griepp will present his annual ICv2 White Paper and speakers will discuss the past, present, and future of the comic store. Open to retailers, publishers, distributors, digital executives, writers and artists, librarians and educators, marketers, and press.
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM, The ReedPop Industry Summit @ NYCC A mixer for comic industry professionals with three keynote speakers, each leaders in their field: Katie Pryde, owner of Portland, OR comic store Books with Pictures; Tom Taylor, writer of such projects as Titans, Adventures of Superman: Jonathan Kent, and Nightwing; and Marie Javins, editor-in-chief of DC. More information about the ReedPop Industry Summit is available here.
Look for more details on NYCC 2023's Pro Track as we get closer to New York Comic Con.