DC Comics has just announced that it will release eight variant covers featuring the most powerful women in the DCU to celebrate International Women's Day this March 8th. The variant covers, listed below, come from artists Eleonara Carlini, Lynne Yoshii, Qistina Khalidah, Cathy Kwan, Maria Laura Sanapo and Laura Martin, Skylar Patridge, Jasmin Darnell, Rebekah Isaacs and Carrie Strachan and will grace the covers of March's issues of Action Comics, Batgirls, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Justice Society of America, Poison Ivy, WildC.A.T.S, and Wonder Woman. You can order these variants from your local comics store now.
Check the gallery (and a list) of these awesome covers below:
- March 7: Justice Society of America #3 variant by Maria Laura Sanapo and Laura Martin
- March 7: Poison Ivy #10 variant by Skylar Patridge
- March 14: Batgirls #16 variant by Lynne Yoshii
- March 14: WildC.A.T.S. #5 variant by Rebekah Isaacs and Carrie Strachan
- March 21: Catwoman #53 variant by Qistina Khalidah
- March 21: Wonder Woman #797 variant by Jasin Darnell
- March 28: Action Comics #1053 variant by Eleonora Carlini
- March 28: Harley Quinn #28 variant by Cathy Kwan
International Women's Day is celebrated annually March 8 and is meant to bring attention to issues including gender equality, reproductive rights, and violence and abuse against women and was celeberated as early as 1909. The contemporary version of the International Women's Day was adopted by the United Nations in 1975.
Mace Windu, Lando Calrissian, more unite for Star Wars' Black History Month covers by Mateus Manhanini