After two decades, it’s time once again for fans to step outside the mainstream DC Universe and discover… Elseworlds.
Announced at the Lunar retailer breakfast at New York Comic Con 2023, DC is reviving the fan-favorite Elseworlds imprint — which has previously given the world titles like Kingdom Come, Superman: Red Son, and more — with six new titles showcasing brand new reimaginings of icons including Batman, Green Lantern, and the Justice League, as well as sequels to some of the most successful out-of-continuity series from DC in recent years.
The new titles launching the reborn Elseworlds line are:
- Gotham by Gaslight: The Kryptonian Age by Andy Diggle and Leandro Fernandez
- Batman the Barbarian by The Human Target’s Greg Smallwood
- Dark Knights of Steel: Allwinter by Jay Kristoff and Tirso Cons
- Green Lantern: Dark by Tate Brombal and Werther Dell’Edera
- Batman: Nightfire by Clay and Seth Mann
- DC vs. Vampires: World War V by Matthew Rosenberg and Otto Schmidt
More information about the new incarnation of Elseworlds will be revealed later at New York Comic Con. Stay tuned to Popverse to keep up with the latest news as it happens.
Popverse will be providing wall-to-wall coverage of New York Comic Con 2023, with an all-star crew of writers, editors, and video producers there all four days (and nights), as well as in advance of the show. You can follow along to this coverage as well as the panels we're streaming with our NYCC Popverse coverage guide.