What is Disney+ Day?
Launched in 2021, Disney+ Day is an organized release day for various Disney projects. It is also a day when Walt Disney Company's business partners promote Disney+.
The projects debuting on Disney+ Day
The first project announced as part of the 2022 Disney+ Day is the highly-anticipated live-action/CGI hybrid film Pinocchio by the award-winning director/actor duo of Robert Zemeckis and Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump, The Polar Express, and Castaway). Hanks will play the tinkerer Geppetto and will be joined by Benjamin Evan Ainsworth (Pinocchio), Cynthia Erivo (Blue Fairy), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Jiminy Cricket), Keegan-Michael Key ('Honest' John), and more.
Check out the first Pinocchio trailer here:
Here is the full list of new and new-to-streaming releases debuting September 8 on Disney+:
- Cars on the Road
- Dancing with the Stars: The Pros' Most Memorable Dances
- Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory
- Frozen Sing-Along
- Frozen 2 Sing-Along
- Growing Up
- She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, episode 4
- Marvel Studios' Thor: Love and THunder
- Marvel Studios' Assembled: The Making of Thor: Love and Thunder
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi's Return
- Welcome to the CLub (a new Simpsons short)
- Tierra Incognita
New perks of being a Disney+ member
The Disney Company is rolling out new perks for Disney+ members beyond streaming. These perks include:
- ShopDisney: Special access to a curated collection of shopDisney merchandise
- Disney Cruise lines: The third and fourth guests sail free with the purchase of two full-fare guests in the same state room. Maximum two state rooms, and must be booked for cruises aboard the Disney Magic, Disney Dream, or Disney Fantasy departing January - April 2023.
- Walt Disney World hotels: An unspecified discount for stays at the Walt Disney World resort in Florida.
- National Geographic: A six-month trial subscription to Nat Geo Digital.
- Uber One: A six-month free trial of Uber One, plus $25 off the first Uber Eats order.
- Disney Movie Insiders: 150 free points (and 50 points per month) if you link your Disney+ and Disney Movie Insiders account by September 30.
- Disney Parks: Early entry to Walt Disney World Resort (Florida), Disneyland Resort (California), and Disneyland Park (Paris) on September 8.
- AMC Theatres: $5 screenings of the Disney films Encanto, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Thor: Ragnarok, Cars, and Newsies from September 8 - 19 in select AMC theaters. Attendees will also receive a free Disney+ poster, while supplies last.
- Pinocchio screening: A special outdoor screening of Pinocchio at the Hilton Anaheim near D23 Expo 2022 on September 8.
- Adidas: Early Access to Adidas Ultraboost DNA x Marvel Legacy Black Panther Shoes at D23 Expo. Stop by the Disney+ Innovation Lounge during D23 Expo for a sneak peek and to get on the wait list for a limited drop available soon.
- Citizen Watches: Access to the Thor: Love and Thunder Citizen watch, plus other select products, at D23 Expo.
- Corkcicle: Disney+ subscriber exclusive Corkcicle products at D23 Expo.
As mentioned, September 8's Disney+ Day is just before D23 Expo - Disney's official convention which takes place in Anaheim, California (the same location as this year's Star Wars Celebration). Popverse will be covering both Disney+ Day and D23 Expo, and you can see all of our D23 Expo coverage here.