DSTLRY, the new publisher founded by former Comixology executives Chip Mosher and David Steinberger, has announced that the majority of the short stories appearing in its upcoming debut anthology The Devil’s Cut will be expanded into full series across the following months.
Eight of the eleven stories in The Devil’s Cut — which will be released August 30 — will be expanded into standalone series, according to the publisher. “With The Devil’s Cut, a majority of the self-contained stories lay the foundation for series to come,” said chief creative officer Mosher in a statement. “To be crystal clear, these eight stories found in The Devil’s Cut are not previews, but the first appearances of new worlds from our Founding Creators and Friends.”
The eight stories are:
- “Spectregraph” by James Tynion IV, Christian Ward, and Aditya Bidikar
- “Shepherd” by Marc Bernardin, Ariela Kristantina, Lee Loughridge, and Bernardo Brice
- “8 Rules to Make It Out in One Piece” by Elsa Charretier, PK Colinet, Nick Filardi, and Clayton Cowles
- “A Blessed Day” by Mirka Andolfo, Fabio Amelia, Arancia Studio, and Steve Orlando
- “The Stowaway” by Jock
- “Deleted Scene, #2” by Brian Azzarello, Eduardo Risso, and Jared K. Fletcher
- “White Boat” by Scott Snyder, Francesco Francavilla, Andworld Design, and Tyler Jennes
- “What Blighted Flame Burns in Thee?” by Becky Cloonan, Tula Lotay, and Richard Starkings
The Devil’s Cut will be released with multiple covers: a main cover by Jock, and variants from Francesco Francavilla, Becky Cloonan, Tula Lotay, Joëlle Jones, and Mirka Andolfo. As with all DSTLRY releases, digital editions of the book will only be available for one week, courtesy the publisher’s own website.